Rustic Apple Pie
- One 9" pastry or pie crust
- 1/2C light brown sugar
- 1-1/2 tbl. flour
- 1/2 teas. cinnamon
- 4C peeled, sliced apples (originalrecipe says Golden Delicious but use any kind you want)
- Confectioners sugar for dusting (optional)
- Preheat over to 425.
- Roll out pastry/pie crust and transfer to a foil-lined cooke sheet.
- In a large bowl, mix brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon.
- Toss in the apples and coat well.
- Spoon the apples into the center of the crust, leaving about 2 inches of edge.
- Fold pastry up onto the apples, pinching the edges at 2" intervals.
- Bake for 15 minutes then reduce the temperature to 375 and bake for another 30 minutes (untl apples are tender).
- Dust with confectioners sugar before serving (optional)
- Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream (optional)