Coco's Radish Leaf Pesto
- 1-2 large handfuls of good-looking radish leaves
- 1oz of hard cheese (pecorino, pecorino-romano or parmesan), grated or shaved
- 1oz of nuts (I like to use almonds ut you can also try pistachios or pine nuts. I don't recommend walnuts unless you like more of a bitter taste to your pesto)
- 1-2 garlic clove or 3-5 garlic scapes
- 1/2 tsp of lemon juice (or more to taste)
- 2-5 tablespoons olive oil, depending on your consistency preference
- salt & pepper to taste
- Put all the ingredients in a food processor, blender, or mortar and pestle. Process until smooth, scraping down the sides a couple of times and processing again.
- Add more oil until you get the consistency you prefer. More oil will make it more creamy and smooth. Less oil will make it chunkier.
- Taste and adjust seasoning/ingredients
- Put into an airtight container. I like to use 4oz glass "mason" jars
- Serve with crackers or crudite
Store in the refrigerator for a week or freeze for longer (3 months in a fridge freezer; one year in a long term freezer).