This group was designed out of a common themed conversation that kept popping up with women in my life. Female friends wanting support through the challenges (and celebrations) of caring for children, juggling a career (or trying to start a new one) while worrying about or managing aging parents and adjusting to new hormone changes. In this four-week facilitated series, women ages 35(ish)-55 (ish) will gather into a warm and welcoming space to explore these topics. We’ll share stories, resources and support through conversation, listening and building a community while we navigate through this life “touchpoint.”
Each week we’ll cover a different topic: our stories, caring for others, perimenopause, and career/identity. You can sign up for two weeks or all four weeks but I truly believe you’ll get so much more out of the experience and help build the community of support if you come all four weeks. If you opt for the two-week option, I do ask that you attend week #1.
Our first gathering will begin Thursday, January 31st, 2019 from 7:00-9:00pm at the Holistic Wellness Center in Medfield, MA. We’ll continue to meet weekly at the same time on Thursday evenings through March 7th, 2019, with the exception of February 14th (Valentine’s Day) and 21st (School Vacation Week). Below is a list of all the meeting dates and topics:
Week #1, January 31st – Welcome & Our Stories
Week #2, February 7th – Caring for Others (children and/or aging parents)
Week #3, February 28th – Career & Identity
Week #4, March 7th – Hormone Changes & Perimenopause
A few other things to note:
- The age range is loose so if you fall outside of this age range but feel like the conversation is relevant to you, please join us!
- Water and tea will be available. You’re welcome to bring outside food to enjoy during the time together.
- Space is limited and registration is first come, first serve.
I’ve been facilitating groups for almost two decades. My style is warm, supportive and intuitive with a focus on conversation, encouragement and building community. My ultimate goal is to support women though transitions and other “touchpoints” in life with honesty, humor and joy. As a senior instructor for a Boston area parenting education center, I led numerous new moms groups and mentored new instructors for nine years. I shared an evidence based curriculum to mothers entering early parenthood while providing a safe, open space for them to share their real experiences during this transition. In addition, I am trained in a group model of healthcare called Centering®, a certified Life is Good® Playmaker and have an advanced certification in Integrated Energy Therapy®. I also have degrees in Early Childhood Education and Public Health education and a mom to two amazing kiddos (one teen and one pre-teen).
Guidelines & Policies (I know rules stink but they are necessary)
- Full refunds can be given through January 30th, 2019. Once the series starts (January 31st), no refunds will be available.
- No full or partial refunds given for missed classes.
- If you sign up for the 2-week option, you’ll receive an email where you can indicate which other week you’ll be attending. You are asked to attend week #1 and then choose one other to attend.