Using oils to cleanse the face is becoming more popular. The idea is that you’re using oil to remove dirt and oil from the skin without striping the body’s natural tendency to produce oil. When you strip the natural oils from your skin, you signal that your body needs more oil so then it produces more. This can can lead to an overproduction of oil on your skin. If you’re using an oil based cleanser, the body will produce only what it needs to maintain it’s natural balance.
Select the PURE for no “scent” or JOYFUL for an added blend of orange, ylang-ylang and lavender essential oils.
Cleansing Oil Usage Directions
- Add about a dime size amount into your clean hands.
- Mix with a dash of water (or not) then lovingly and gently rub all over your face.
- Allow the cleansing oil to sit on your face for 2 minutes.
- Take a clean wash cloth and run it under hot/very warm water (the hotter the better- you want to create a “steam” affect when applied to the face).
- Lay the cloth on your face, let sit on your face for 10-15 seconds and then gently wipe the oil off with the wash cloth.
- Follow Coco’s Face & Body Cream…or NOT! Some people just do the cleansing oil method only with great results.